Diversified Lending Solutions (“DLS”) is a tech-enabled mortgage brokerage allowing real estate operators to obtain the most favorable terms available to finance their investment properties. Joining the “Diversified” team means signing up to help transform local communities by expanding access to capital for small to mid-sized operators with discipline and vision. The company is seeking energetic, dynamic Loan Originators that would excel in a corporate culture that celebrates diversity of thought, experience, gender, race, and ethnicity, treats its employees as partners, and makes maximizing accessibility to wealth creation in the real estate industry its main priority.
About the Role:
As a Loan Originator, you will be the main point of contact to borrowers, serving as both a Deal Facilitator and DLS Brand Ambassador. You will be responsible for establishing and managing relationships with residential/commercial real estate investors, understanding their financing needs, recommending various loan products, acting on their behalf to structure and negotiate loan terms with lenders, and guiding them through the mortgage application, due diligence, and closing process.
* Compensation structure offers unlimited potential but please note this is a commission-based opportunity. It is also 100% remote, with various online resources to support your success.
- The Loan Originator is responsible for proactively soliciting non-owner occupied residential and commercial mortgage business by marketing the company’s internal mortgage products and securing loans for clients from external funding counter-parties (including private lenders, banks, insurance companies, CMBS, and agency lenders).
- Establishes, develops and maintains client referral relationships with Realtors, Attorneys, Builders, Developers, General Contractors, etc. in order to develop new business and/or retain existing business.
- Keeps informed on trends, changes and developments in the local real estate market.
- Keeps up with what competitors are doing by keeping up-to-date with local market and real estate investor ecosystem.
- Keeps informed of DLS’s internal underwriting, processing, due diligence, and closing requirements as well as those of external lenders.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions with mortgagors.
- Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing including prequalifying potential borrowers; taking complete and accurate applications; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information; overseeing the loan status to all interested parties; and obtaining loan documentation after closing as directed by corporate or senior management.
- Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
Candidates should have at least three years of directly relevant real estate experience (i.e. mortgage lending, investing, real estate sales, etc.) or comparable experience in sales and business development. In addition, they should have access to real estate investors via an established personal network or involvement in relevant community/industry organizations.
The ideal DLS Originator exhibits the following qualities:
- High energy and drive to compete/win, balanced with integrity and conscientiousness.
- Interest/willingness to learn.
- Enjoys solving problems.
- Self-starter by nature.
- Not easily discouraged.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Multiple language skills a plus.
We at DLS hold that the strength of a community is largely defined by its safety, its housing quality, and its residents’ access to essential goods, services, and resources. Our mission is to build that strength by efficiently providing diverse lending solutions to sponsors with integrity, and the communities they operate within.
- Integrity: We conduct business transparently and honestly. No surprise “gotchas fees” or hidden costs at closing.
- Offerings: We draw from multiple baskets of capital. Which offers a variety of products that not only provide competitive rates, but loan structures that compliment sponsor business plans.
- Efficiency: We utilize technology to streamline the loan process and facilitate an exceptional and consistent client experience.
- Diversity: We value and prioritize diversity, not only within our ranks, but in the sponsors we cultivate lasting relationships with.
DLS is a private lender and broker serving real estate investors across the United States. Through its diverse array of loan products and technology-enabled processes, the company delivers institutional quality solutions to emerging and middle-market operators of single-family, multi-family, and commercial investment properties.
DLS’s Product Coverage Captures The Entire Investor Spectrum
- Build to Rent
- New Construction
- Fix and Flip
- Single Family Rental
DLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to workforce diversity. We are parent/family friendly MWOB. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
- Real Estate
- Financial Services