Diversified Lending Solutions (“DLS”) is a cloud-based commercial mortgage brokerage that enables real estate operators across the country to obtain financing for their next investment property through its tech-enabled processes and expansive, growing lender database. We are seeking to add an experienced, entrepreneurial Head of Loan Originations (the “HLO”) to manage and grow our team of Loan Originators.
About the Role:
The HLO will be responsible for managing the Loan Origination Team in their efforts to provide a markets-based suite of real estate financing options to Institutional and Corporate commercial real estate owners and operators.
Main responsibilities include:
- The HLO will be chiefly responsible for growing loan origination activity via effective management, mentorship, coaching, and motivation of the Company’s loan originators
- Provide support to loan originator’s as necessary to establish new Sponsor relationships and deepen the Company’s largest Borrower relationships
- Set, review and track Loan Originator goals related to prospecting efforts for new Borrower relationships.
- Document call/meeting notes into CRM so intel becomes usable data points for management, the Loan Originators, and the support personnel.
- Establish, nurture and maintains relationships with large programmatic Borrowers
- Establish corporate partnerships and firm-level referral relationships with firms that support the commercial real estate space – Real Estate Brokerages, Builders, Developers, Attorneys, CPAs, Property Management Companies and Title Insurance Companies.
- Remains informed on micro and macro trends, changes and developments in the commercial lending sector.
- Collaborate with Head of Capital Markets to create marketing collateral and best practices that can be used to support the Loan Origination team
- Provide strategic advice to Loan Originators on the best way to package, structure, present, and source the debt for Borrowers
- Stay up-to-date with targeted local markets and the overall real estate investor ecosystem.
- Act as the de facto chief credit office to Qualify Borrowers and their projects to determine if they are financeable and assist Loan Originators with identifying the best capital source to meet their respective project and Borrower profile.
- Review and QC the Loan Originators’ offering memorandums to be used in sending financing requests to capital partners and potential lenders.
- Ensure that Loan Originators handle loan files according to best-in-class standards.